Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Aquarium Update

September 17— Update me on your bottle/aquarium.  Refer to your observations and BE SPECIFIC.  What were your water quality test results?  What do these results mean? What changes have you made to your aquarium as a result? 

These results were actually from Friday (September 20th), The Ammonia levels were coming out to about a 1.0 and the Ammonia was at a 40-80 level. These are some pretty bad levels, I am not sure but I think the frogs are creating the Ammonia in my tank. I added more water and added extra bacterial supplement to try and help, might have to do a water change or clean out the gravel if the results continue to worsen. The fish do seem to be pretty happy, the frogs are always very active, swimming up and around all of the plants. All of the fish seem to do well with eachother, no signs of aggression or any particular chasing behavior. The tank water is clear, the plants are bright and alive, maybe a few little slight spots of yellowing but nothing too worrisome. The fish are eating every single morning (besides weekends), just eating either a pinch or two of freeze-dried bloodworms or regular tropical fish food. They tend to stay in pairs with eachother, mostly towards the back of the tank but they like to nip at the plants every now and then. The frogs are always together as well, they don't harm the fish in any way, I always check and make sure that everyone is eating and nobody gets left out. The temperature of the tank is staying consistent. Overall, the fish seem to be pretty content. I worry about the levels of the tank, I don't want to lose any of my babies but I will keep observing closely to make sure that I don't lose any of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment