Sunday, September 1, 2013

Water Property Demonstration

August 29—

Tell me about your water property demo.  Include a picture of your set up.  Did everything go as planned?  Why or why not?  Name at least 5 things you learned while watching the water property demos in class.

My partner and I's water property was demonstrating buoyancy with spring, distilled and salt water. During our presentation I had failed to add enough salt to the water and thus our egg did not float at all but if it were to have worked correctly, the egg would have floated in the salt water and also in the distilled water, I should have tested it at home beforehand but my partner is the one who did that and told me that it worked but did not inform me correctly of how much salt to add. While watching other property demonstrations, we found out that if you put a match to a balloon it will make it pop, if you put vinegar oil and water together they will all separate from each other, if you pump air into a 2 liter bottle with water in the bottom and let it go, it produces condensation and makes a popping sound releasing it, we learned about turbulency, putting dirt, sand and salt into water and seeing how clear through the water you could see with each one, We also saw a demonstration that taught us that the mass of water was based on the temperature of the water. The demonstrations were actually really fun to watch and get to experience along and do them ourselves. I had fun with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment